Published / Updated
This ancient African cichlid (family Cichlidae) is found in the Lake Tanganyika. There are two variants of this species Eretmodus cyanostictus (south) and Eretmodus cyanostictus (north).
- Rocky Tanganyika tank setup
- Omnivore but mainly herbivore eater
- Spirulina based diet
- Great filtration is mandatory
- Sandy substrate is mandatory
- Strong lighting (promote algal growth)
- Feed several times per day (small amounts)
- Aggressive (keep in species specific tank)
Eretmodus cyanostictus is also known by Striped Goby cichlid, Horse nose cichlid, Striped clown goby and Tanganyika Clown.
Below you can find photo and video collection of the Eretmodus cyanostictus 'makomba' and the Eretmodus cyanostictus 'sambia' variant that my father have kept in the past. I personally have no experience with this species and African species in general.
Please contact me if the provided information is faulty.
This photo gallery contains images. Photos were taken between 2007 and 20099. Latest photos are always at the top. Click on each image for full-screen view.
Video gallery is empty for this species.