Published / Updated
This amazing species is by far my favorite Dwarf corydoras. This South American Callichthyidae is found in the Amazon river and Paraguay river basins.
- Good oxygenated tank and clean
- Is a schooling species so at least a group of 6 species in a tank
- Unlike other Corydoras species, they are a mid water dwellers
- Likes to sleep on the leaves of plants
- For spawning at least a 3 to 1 (male to female) ratio
- Sand substrate
- Great companion with tetras
Corydoras hastatus is also known by Dwarf catfish, Tail spot pygmy catfish and Micro catfish.
Below you can find photo and video collection of the Corydoras hastatus that I have kept for about 2 to 3 years. Demonstrating aquarium setup and various other aspects of care. I have tried to realize an ideal biotope and strife for matching habitat. I had a group of 12 species that spawned many times in my tetra tank. The courtship behavior of this species is pretty interesting.
Please contact me if the provided information is faulty.
This photo gallery contains images. Photos were taken between 2014 and 2016. Latest photos are always at the top. Click on each image for full-screen view.
This video gallery contains videos of my Dwarf corydoras group and tank setup. Latest videos are always at the top.
Corydoras hastatus courtship behaviour
This video demonstrates the fascinating courtship behaviour of this Dwarf corydoras.
- Courtship behaviour
- Note the fast pupil changes of the male species
Corydoras hastatus slow motion
This video demonstrates a slow motion capture of courtship.
- Female goes for egg lay spot search (not captured)